If you lived outside the U.S. on the regular due date of your tax return, the extended filing deadline for your 2014 tax return is Monday, June 15, 2015.
Similarly, the deadline to report interests in certain foreign financial accounts is the end of June.
Here are some important tips to know if these reporting rules apply to you:
o FBAR mandatory e-filing overview
o Using FinCEN Form 114; and Form 114a
o FBAR filing requirements
o FBAR filing exceptions
o Special filing rules
o Administrative guidance
Additional IRS resources:
- Comparison of Form 8938 and FBAR Requirements
- International Taxpayers
- International Tax Topic Index
- FBAR Reference Guide
- Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
- IRS Tax Map
- Treasury Department End-of-Year Exchange Rates
- Introduction to the International Taxpayers Webpage
- Filing Requirements
- Filing Status If Married to a Nonresident Alien
- Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
For help with your legal needs contact a business, tax, and health care law attorney at the offices of AttorneyBritt.
Review-Like-Follow AttorneyBritt On: