If you plan to give and want to claim a tax deduction, there are a few tips you should know before you give. For instance, you must itemize your deductions.
Here are six more tips that you should keep in mind:
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect them on IRS.gov.
Additional IRS Resources:
- Tax Topic 506, Charitable Contributions
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions.
- Publication 561, Determining the Value of Donated Property
- Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes
- Charitable Contributions – English | Spanish | ASL
- Exempt Organizations Select Check – English | Spanish | ASL
For help with your legal needs contact a business, tax, and health care law attorney at the offices of AttorneyBritt.
Review-Like-Follow AttorneyBritt On: