This new publication provides important information for taxpayers who:
- Had health insurance coverage for the entire year
- Did not have health coverage for each month of the year
- Purchased health insurance from the Marketplace
- Might be eligible for an exemption from the coverage requirement
- Had advance payments of the premium tax credit sent to their insurance provider
- Is claiming the premium tax credit on their tax return
Most people have qualifying health coverage, and all they will need to do is simply check a box on their tax return.
You can access Publication 5187 at IRS.gov/aca, along with other important information related to the health care law. You can also find it by typing “p5187” into the search window at the top of any IRS.gov page or “5187” in the Forms and Pubs search window on IRS.gov.
Post a Comment